Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Interesting Things

...that I learned yesterday in French class.*

In french, you pronounce the ps in psych as in "psychiatre" (psychiatrist).

That is going to take some getting used to!








*our agency has been designated to provide french language services, so I've had the opportunity to start taking this class which is being paid for by my employer.  It's geared specifically toward people working in health-care settings, which has been really interesting so far!  Improving my french skills has been a personal goal for a long time, so I'm loving this.

1 comment:

  1. They do that in Italian as well (pronounce the psy) - in fact, in Italian every written letter is pronounced. Quite difficult for me to get my head around at the start but not as difficult as it is for Italians to remember than English has some silent letters!

    ReplyDelete