Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Forgive me...

...while I take this (small) moment to gripe.

Last week I (hesitantly) let my supervisor know that I am ready to pick up a new client, as I need to increase my monthly contact numbers.  Some of my current clients are doing well and decreasing their support.  She pushed me to take two new people, but I insisted on one for now and letting her know by weeks end when I would take the other.

Monday morning we received an email that one of my co-workers will be off for an indefinite period, and her clients will be reassigned. 

So I got three of them.

*headdesk*

I'll be okay.  And I sincerely hope my co-worker is alright.  Just needed to whine for a minute.  I'm done now.

4 comments:

  1. let it out, girl! you support others all day long....let us support you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the life of an understaffed mental health worker. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. I shall survive...just planning some extra self care in the next little while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds about right. Careful what you ask for...

    ReplyDelete